Flying solo
A number of factors should be considered when trying to figure out what direction is the Software Industry taking:
- One of the most important problems affecting efficiency across projects is communication.
- There are important incentives to outsource large development teams to countries where labour is cheaper
- The Software Paradox (more, better in less time) continues to push the limits of software development teams
- Innovative development frameworks are allowing a generation of simple, yet elegant tools that are far too easy to build
While I consider myself a strong advocate for high ceremony in projects, lately I find myself wondering if I would not be more efficient by returning to the basics: pick a framework, sit side by side with the client and don't stop until the work is done. No process, no documents, no communication breakdown, just the ultimate solution.

1 Comments:
Ok, maybe the emphasis should not be on working alone, but on focusing all your creative energy into the desired solution as suggested by the Creating Passionate Users blog.
9:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home